aqua scroll template

Monday, January 24, 2011

Jadeite Morning

I've been playing with jadeite lately..my husband and I bought a large collection of it that I have been selling on Etsy and Ebay. I collect a bit of it so it is sort of hard to let some of it go buutttt...

So I am playing with it as it passes through my home! Jadeite or jadite is actually the color of the glass. There was a lot made by Fire King Anchor Hocking and McKee and Jeanette glass. There are jadeite Fenton glass pieces also as well as other makers. Fire King has been a favorite of mine. It used to be cheap..a coffee mug or a dollar or 2..until Martha Stewart started pointing out its lovely qualities by filling her tv set with it..then prices skyrocketed! Not as fun for cheap old me anymore but it is still lovely. I liked it because my gramma used to have it. She passed when I was a child but I am seeing her more and more often every time I look in the mirror! This cup and saucer is Fire King Shell pattern. May your day be filled with loveliness! Julia

No comments: