aqua scroll template

Monday, January 13, 2014

McCoy pottery and more


 Hi guys! I am sharing a few pieces of my vintage McCoy (and more) pottery collection today. This, as my husband would say, is the tip of the iceberg! I started collecting vintage matte or satin "white" or cream pieces and veered off into aqua and mint..then yellow..and I even have a couple pink pieces! I think the sky blue one on the left may be Haeger pottery. To me, Haeger either seems to be cool or ugly .not a lot of between ground!

 When my daughter Hope moved out I sent a dozen (or more) pieces with her for her new apartment..and it really didn't make much of a dent!


 I got these out to use as possible photo props for some map covered altered softballs that I made.


            Then I ended up taking pix of just them! This vase is a fav.


I also have a few pieces of this "Capri blue" glass. I am not a big glass collector, but I do love this color! I started altering softballs because, as my daughters played softball for years, we had quite a few old ones laying about. I used vintage map paper and they look like little globes (another thing I collect!)


 These softballs are more pastel and merited an aqua McCoy planter.I love mid century pottery..so much coolness! I keep thinking I am going to plant succulents in this one, but with the exception of one Christmas cactus, I am a total indoor plant serial killer!


This is a favorite bowl. This is older unmarked McCoy. I really like this blue.


I also got another Union Jack pillow made as the one from last week sold. This one has a burlap background and pale grey (new) ticking. I prefer to use vintage fabric but I had this laying around..I bought it for some other project that I have since either forgotten or lost enthusiasm for! I am notorious (at least in my mind) for that..getting an idea and getting all excited to make it, buying the stuff I need then...why did I buy this ticking?? Crafting ADD! I want to do some in white and grey vintage fabric too with this ticking.. maybe some lace added too.

 I had internet problems all last week and this week it is the septic tank..ewww. They finally figured out what our internet issue was, and "the guy" is coming tomorrow to snake our lines...thank goodness. We have water but no drainage so you can bathe and wash dishes if you bail the water, but the potty is another issue entirely! Thank goodness my husband's office isn't far away! SO..hoping YOU are having a stress and problem free week! 'Til next time! Julia

2 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Well, both he septic tank and computer would put me over the edge...It's always something! I love the pottery the colors are sooo perfect!, I'm with you about Haeger...Some of it is just plain ugly! Love your baseballs, us junkers hate to let anything go!

Hope your week goes better!

Carol

Sheryl Hastings said...

I really love those colors! I don't have much pottery myself but I've enjoyed looking at yours.